In the fluff it talked to extended campaigns where they're assigned. I figure this could be the tie into my Knights Angelus color scheme (and dark angels icons). So I redid their normal yellow colors in a similar scheme as my imperial force.
One thing I changed up a bit from the normal knight heraldry was the placement of the divisions on shoulder pads. I have the campaign/house stuff on the right side and the personal heraldry of the knight on the left. It appears that in the books they go front/back vs. left/right. I like mine better, but it means that I'll have a hard time using the imperial knight transfers since they're set up for the GW method.
I had a blast going with multiple decals. It looks like heraldry overload, but I wanted that Bretonian look. I spent extra time with Micro Sol and Micro Set to get the decals smooth. In addition I worked up ard coat below and above the decal. Then put a coat of matte coat over the top. Anything red/white/black was a satin finish. Golds were done in gloss ard coat.
The base was a dragon forge design with my etching of the dark angels symbol. I added in some grass and fake leafs.
I really, really enjoyed this kit. It took me awhile as I figured out the best method to paint it up. Painting multiples will be a bit daunting but I'm going to jump right in. I may go back and clean up or extra detail certain parts, but for now it seems to work.
Next up on the docket are a few leman russ tanks!