Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Necron Vehicles - Lots 'O Assembly

Wow, the Necron vehicles are a bit of work to clean and assemble.  Maybe because I'm used to doing marine boxes, I've gotten off easy on assembly.  At least the painting should be fairly quick.  I put together an Annihilation Barge as well as the Ghost Ark.  I took the instructions advice and left off the "fenders" and necron warriors to paint separately.  I'll let you know if that ended up being a good idea or not.  It will mean I'll have to use super glue instead of plastic cement, but they aren't high stress joints so it shouldn't be an issue.



I also have assembled some Dark Eldar Scourges and Hellions.  Since it's fairly warm (basically not freezing cold) and sunny, I'll be able to get some priming in this afternoon.  This holiday weekend my goal is to paint:

- Crew for Venoms and Ravagers
- 10 Dark Eldar Warriors
- Necron Ghost Ark or the Annihilation Barge. 

I'd also like to finish assembling my Black Templar.  Too many projects to juggle at once!

4 comments:

  1. Little tip. You can glue plastic parts together with plastic cement even after they're painted (at least if you used acrylic paint). The glue eats right through the paint and connects the plastic like it would normally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Antipope: Thanks for the tip! Plastic cement creates such a better bond, I would hate to lose it on a plastic model

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there!

    Have you already checked out my new hobby blog, Tale of Painters? I've joined forces with Sigur and Garfy, whose models you've probably seen in various forums or on the blog on GW.com. We've got tutorials, showcases, reviews and various projects going on, e.g. Garfy posts about assembling and painting a mighty Thunderhawk!

    We've also started a new Blog Network! Join by adding a Tale of Painters banner to your blog, and your newest posts will appear in the Network widget over at Tale of Painters! A great way to promote your blog and find new readers! On top of that, the crew at Tale of Painters keeps a close eye to the Network and will present the best posts in a post of their own!

    So come over and check out http://www.taleofpainters.com, I'd be very happy ;)

    (PS: Sorry I spammed your comments to get in touch with you - if you feel offended, just delete this comment ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stahly, I added you to the list. I had been meaning to update my blog roll. Good stuff over there!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...