Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Necron Night Scythe Assembly

Even though I'm painting my foot necrons for the weekend tournament, I couldn't help but assemble the new Necron Night Scythe / Doom Scythe.  The kit went together very easy compared to the trials of the ghost ark and annihilation barge.  I kept a few pieces off of the kit for ease of painting the driver and weapons, I would highly suggest the same.  As always, do a dry fit to make sure the pieces work before priming.  I left the top fuselage, front "nose" piece (holds the two parts together), and the portal & death ray.


As you can see below, the portal and death ray fit perfectly without having to use any glue or magnets.  This is really nice and will allow for quick swapping between the two, or weapon destroyed on the death ray. 




I really want to get some paint on this but I need to focus on the rest of the army.  Last night I finished up 24 scarab bases, and almost finished 9 warriors.  Pictures to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...