Thursday, June 7, 2012

Necron Night Scythe Painted

The first of the flying circus is finished!  What a cool model, and I'm especially pleased that the portal and death ray are interchangeable without magnets to allow for switching.  This is the first of 6 I'll be painting up.  To add some variety, future ones will have alternate areas turquoise.






I did have some issues with the decals.  The thin gold ones that were supplied in the box didn't seem to work right from a fit standpoint and broke apart a bunch.  I will probably go back to the decals supplied with the other vehicles. 

I'm hoping to get my first test game with the foot necrons tomorrow, and on Sunday I have a three game tournament so I'll finally get some games in.  I can't believe how fast this army has come together.

All that is left to paint is a couple of barges.  Pictures on the royal court and HQ's will go up tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Great job, I hadn't really liked the look of the Necron flyer up until now but your work is great and really enhances the model. Also really like the base (which traditionally is an afterthought for flyers).


    theunrealisticartist

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...