Friday, September 9, 2011

Uncharted Seas: First Fleet Done (Shroud Mages)

I just finished up the starter box (plus one extra ship) for the Uncharted Seas Shroud Mages and I have to say it was a fun departure from painting 28mm.  They painted up fairly fast and although I didn't spend a ton of time on detail, they get the point across.  I'm looking forward to seeing what the next generation of miniatures look like.


I didn't go with any color, but I did try to make the prow "ram" on the bigger ships bright gold.  It will be a lot of fun to do some islands and scale terrain.  I picked up this felt matt off of the warstore, my goal is to have all of these tables break down and store so I'm not going to go with anything permanent. 

Do you know any blogs that focus on Uncharted Seas?  The challenge of any game systems outside of GW is they don't quite have the huge following... or maybe I just need to dig them up.  Here's the fleet in detail. 





I also picked up the Imperial Humans fleet and I just ordered one of the Elf fleets.  Now I just need to find some players!

This weekend I plan on working on my cold one beast riders, and at least lock down on the color scheme for the beasts.

3 comments:

  1. I just did a quick Google for you and there does seem to be a few Blogs out there for this stuff. So maybe you could give that a try.

    Great looking models well done on the paint jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brian would love to try it. Been dying to some other games like dystopian wars or maybe we could get together some time and try it out. I wold like to play a time or two before investing in it.
    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greg, I bought a few fleets so I can paint a couple up and we can have a run at it before you invest

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...