Sunday, March 20, 2011

Lucius Pattern Drop Pod

Making some major progress this weekend painting.  I finished off the Sanguinary Guard as well as my lucius pattern drop pod for the team tournament.  This drop pod was a recovery project.  I bought it off someone years ago, and it was badly mangled.  With a little TLC, lots of simple green, and elbow grease, I think I was able to clean it up for the most part. 

I didn't go with any dirt or exhaust effects, went with a clean look.  Also I kept the metallics pretty simple.  I may go back and do some extra highlighting if I have time.

Right now I'm working on the objective markers as well as the magnetized backpacks for my assault marines on foot.  I'm lazy so I'm not pinning the backpacks to corks, so my hands are completely covered in paint trying to hold them while applying detail.  Here's a "unfocused" shot of the army so far.

I'm going to take a little break from the painting and start applying foliage & flowers to the bases.  I'll put a couple of close up shots with what I come up with, I feel like I'm almost doing flower arranging.  Here's some of the materials I'm working with.  I'm going to try some new materials today, I'll provide my review of how they hold up.

On to the flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...