Friday, December 10, 2010

Ork Clan Choice

Been furiously putting together orks, and working on my speed painting plan.  The big question I have is what clan do I go with?  My previous edition of orks were Bad Moonz.  Love the icons, might be worth going again with them. What are your thoughts?

Bad Moonz: Yellow, which is a pain in the butt but looks really nice.  I like the life of excess that they live and how they pimp out everything.  Plus the Moon icon is cool.



Goffs: What I think of when I think of orks.  Horns & black/white checks.  They're big and mean like orks should be.

Blood Axes: Awesome conversion potential here since they like to mimic imperial guard.  Plus there are a ton of third party resin pieces that fit well (greatcoat orks).

Here's the list I'm thinking up for the gladiator.  Basically you get a 1750 list and then get to choose which 500 point sidebar you pick each round. The Mek and one unit of grots ride around in the stompa!

Main list: 1750

HQ: Big Mek with kustom force field, three grot oilers
HQ: Warboss on bike with Klaw, attack squig, cybork, & boss pole
Elite: 5 Lootas
Elite: 5 Lootas
Troop: 10 grots with herder
Troop: 30 shoota boyz with the nob with klaw
Troop: 30 shoota boyz with 2 big shootas with nob with klaw
Troop: 30 slugga boyz with nob with klaw (mainly using them since I have a ton of slugga boyz lying around)
Heavy: Big Mek Stompa

Sidebar A

Troop: 7 Nob bikers inclusive of painboy, warbanner, 2 uge choppas, 3 klaws.  Complex unit.
Troop: 10 grots with herder

Sidebar B
Troop: Dread with 4 CC weapons & extra armor and grot
Heavy: 3 Killa Kans with rokkits
Heavy: 3 Killa Kans with grotzookas
Elite: 6 lootas



3 comments:

  1. I have been kicking around this same question for several years now. Its a shame because I have a lot of Ork stuff, but never got anywhere becaue I could'nt decide which clan to do. I also love bad Moons, and if I had to do it, I think that is where I would go, but Blood Axes are also pretty cool and Goffs are always a solid choice.

    Two you don't see to much of is the DeathSkulls, which are about as vanilla orky as Ultrmarines are to Space marines or Snakebites.

    Given you rpotential list, I would go with Blood Axes. just way too much awesome conversion potential.

    DPG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snakebites are really just feral orks, so unless you're going with a fantasy twist on your army, they don't seem to make sense. Goffs are pretty classic in the orky sense, but I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Bad Moons. The yellow moon icon reminds me of night goblins I guess.

    Since Bad Moons are supposed to be the richest Ork clan (because they grow their teef faster than others), it would make sense for them to have more equipment--so nobz (in mega armor), lootaz, flashgitz could be painted in that scheme.

    You could also go with a more classic theme, and paint each squad by it's most logical choice: bikes are evil sunz, boyz are--well, whatever you prefer, but probably goffs, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow three posts in three days no wonder it is so cold out hell must be freezing over!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...