Thursday, April 17, 2014

Hobby plan for 2014 (for now)

Now that Adepticon is over, and I honestly don't have any major tournaments planned this year, I can settle down and work on things I've been meaning to get at.

1.  Cleaning.  First off... I really need to get my basement area in order.  A major spring cleaning is needed to assess what I have and prepare to do some gaming down there now that our usual gaming location is closed.  Good news is I should be able to host at least 4 4' x 6' tables going at once, so it should be a good bbq/beer/dice rolling afternoons.

2.  Painting Imperials.  Next is tackling my imperial army, "Knights Angelus".  This is my catch all marine & guard contingent that follows the red / silver / gold color scheme.  I should have my new guard codex coming this week so I can get a better idea on how the codex plays.

This is the scheme I've been using.  Black has been toned down (highlights) since
Especially with how the allies rules play, I like to have a visually connected army.  The more I think about it, I think I will adapt the Knight titans and even titan legion to the same color scheme. I had planned on doing one of the traditional ones, but I think I'll just do my own scheme.

My goal is just to start painting what I have.  I've been wanting to get off the Tau train and do a boatload of marines on the board.  Even if it doesn't perform well, I just need a change of pace.  That way whatever fun things I want to try I'll have miniatures painted ready to go.  It's not like I don't have tons of plastic sitting in boxes.

3.  TERRAIN! Yep, as soon as the weather gets nice outside, I'm getting over my airbrush intimidation and am going to paint up tons of terrain.  Mainly I want to get a few tables ready for Infinity but as soon as the secret weapons miniatures kickstarter boards get delivered I'll want to get paint on them as well.  Plus I have a ton of zuzzy mats that can get painted.

This will be a fun project since it isn't just painting miniatures for tournaments.  I had so much fun working on our team tournament "avatar" themed board, I really want to do more of that that actually has a gaming purpose.

4. Infinity.  I want to get back to painting these guys so bad!  Get a good Merovingian (french) force painted and together, and I have an idea on making a real cool bold color schemed Haqislam force.  It was so fun painting models and not armies, I can't wait.  Problem is, I hope I didn't break my painting mojo and remember how I did the mixes.  I had some miniatures half finished when I put it on hold.

We need friends!
5.  Team Tournament Adepticon 2015.  Finally, I can't forget to get an earlier start on planning for 2015 team tournament.  Adeptus Film Co. really wants to take it to the next level and get our army painted to match the theme.  Last year we worked a theme around the army and we'd like to try the other way first.  The big challenge will be finding a scheme that people will want to use post-con.  I think most of us really don't want an army that only is used at adepticon then really has no playability after.  We need some beers and food to think it through.

Well there you have it.  My thoughts on the projects I want to work on.  Let's see in a year how much came to fruition or if I got sucked into something out of the blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...